Get Real. Get Ready. Get Traction.
For writers committed to their craft and ready to make screenwriting more than just a hobby, Roadmap Writers offers our Career Writer Program. These feedback-driven sessions put the Career Writer in immersive and interactive roundtables, giving them a competitive edge in the marketplace while helping them build relationships with as many industry professionals as possible.
The vast majority of our Success Stories come from writers in our Career Writer Program, many of whom have gone on to sign with nearly every agency and management company in the industry! Also, as a direct result of Top Tier, writers have been staffed on series and set up shows at Amazon, Netflix, Lifetime, Hallmark, Lionsgate, Stampede Ventures, Campfire, CBS, Anvil Pictures and Bohemia Group.
"Very early in my writing career Roadmap believed in me when I didn’t believe in myself. By leading with my best sample and Roadmap’s industry boost I was able to land representation that got me staffed on a hit show!" Mika Frank (#343 Writer Signed, Staffed on FOX's THE RESIDENT)
Step 1: Pitch Prep Program
Your script is complete! Now be sure you're prepared to take it to market.
Walk away with:
- a polished 2-page written pitch
- a practiced 5-6 min. verbal pitch ready to put to the test
- a personal brand highlighting your unique perspective as a screenwriter
- the confidence to pitch your work in any situation
Limited to 9 writers to give each writer optimal attention!
Step 2: Marketing Intensive
Now that you've had some practice, get in front of execs in a constructive environment.
Put your skills to the test:
- Test-drive your pitch in 5 Open Pitch Sessions
- Tackle your first General Meeting
- Get full professional coverage on your script
- Learn to handle any situation
Step 3: Portfolio Polishing
Hone your pages, craft and perfect your elevator pitch, and get prepared to kill it in longer-form meetings!
Walk away with:
- an effective 3-minute elevator pitch
- a polished, market-ready original sample screenplay
- the skills and confidence to kill any general meeting!
Step 4: Manager Track
Mold your marketing strategy in exclusive General Meeting roundtables with working executives.
In this program, you will:
- Pitch yourself and your projects, get feedback, and sharpen by listening and watching others.
- Spend 20 minutes with 5+ executives in a roundtable setting.
- Prepare your company list of 50 to submit to Roadmap CEO Joey Tuccio.
- Apply for Top Tier (a two-part application).
- Have strategy, exec feedback, and Top Tier application feedback debriefs with Terra Joy, your Manager Track coach.
**Writers must have completed Steps 1-3 , have 3-5+ completed scripts in their portfolio, and have at least 2 polished screenplays that are market ready.
Step 5: Top Tier
Most of our writers' success stories come from this step with many of our Top Tier writers having achieved representation and other success through the connections they continue to make in the program.
This is an invitation-only program for writers who have successfully completed the other levels of the Career Writer Program.
This program includes:
- Private general meeting sessions with top execs who will read your script prior. Choose from among 50+ execs to meet with each month.
- Private pitch sessions with execs. Execs do not get paid to attend and just come to scout for writers.
- Strategy sessions with Roadmap staff.
- Exclusive marketing opportunities are available only to Top Tier writers, including priority to pitch to execs new to Roadmap and ongoing marketing efforts from Roadmap's CEO with our list of hundreds of execs.