Competition & Coverage Readers
Ideal candidates should be voracious readers who are well-versed in screenwriting and have a keen sense for analyzing a story. Consistent readers usually take on around 5-10 scripts per week, and more as requested and available. Click HERE to see rates and to apply by submitting:
- a resume/C.V. as a PDF, showcasing any professional coverage training and/or experience you have specfic to evaluating feature and/or TV screenplays
- a single PDF containing 1-3 coverage samples. At least one of the samples should be writer-facing (vs. company-facing) with a page or more of constructive feedback, including page notes. If company-facing coverage samples with 1-2 paragraphs of comments are all that you have, please still submit 1-3 of those. If all of your coverage smaples are protected by NDAs, please select a produced feature or TV pilot (check out The Script Lab's free script library) and write 3-4 pages of coverage using Roadmap's Coverage Template. Be sure to choose a project of which you can provide constructive criticism; avoid projects where all you can provide is praise.
*If Roadmap would like to move forward with a candidate, that applicant will hear from the Coverage Services or Contest department head (or sometimes both) within 2 weeks of applying.*
Proofreaders & Line Editors
Both our Proofreaders and Line Editors must correct and explain formatting mistakes, grammar, punctuation, syntax, and edit for clarity. Proofreaders will provide annotations and explanations, while Line Editors will make annotated changes within the text of the script, provide explanations for the chronic changes, and conduct efficiency edits where applicable. Proofreading assignments have a 2 day rush or 2 week turnaround, where only the first couple instances of the same formatting mistake need to be marked. Line Editing assignments have a 2-3 week turnaround time due to correcting every instance of each error throughout.
- previous screenplay-specific editing experience in a professional capacity
- superb attention to detail and knowledge of both formatting and grammar rules
- a penchant for meeting deadlines
- must be located in the US if you are applying to be a Proofreader in order to accept 2-day rush assignments
- must have Final Draft 10 or later if you are applying to be a Line Editor
- must be someone who checks their personal email daily in order to accept or reject assignments in a timely manner
Interested applicants should email Terra@RoadmapWriters.com with 1-2 script proofreading and/or line editing samples that are annotated, a tailored resume showcasing relevant experience, and "Proofreader/Line Editor Applicant" in the subject line.
Social Media Committee (Work Study Program)
Currently seeking writers interested in collaborating on social media presences with their enjoyable expertise. Writers interested must be willing to work part time (no more than 6 hours a week) for Roadmap Writers store credit ($18/hr) and have an interest in pursuing a career in screenwriting. Priority will be given to writers who have or are currently using Roadmap's services.
Currently seeking writers passionate about content creation in the following platforms:
Interested writers should email Tristan@RoadmapWriters.com with their resume/C.V., a short letter of interest, and their professional social media handles linked. Please use "Social Media Committee Inquiry" in the subject line.
Brand Ambassador Program