Think back to a classic high school cafeteria scene. Each group has its own table - the jocks, the cheerleaders, the Freaks and Geeks, and so on. When you think about each of these groups, you probably assign certain traits to the people in them.
We’re all familiar with the hero, damsel, and mentor archetypes, but how about the vampire or the caregiver? What traits are associated with them, and how can you use these archetypes to build your characters? After all, the Storyteller and Writer are both archetypes themselves!
This 2-hour class is limited to no more than 6 participants. The time will fly by, guaranteed. No one is required to share though sharing is encouraged and welcomed. Any personal insights that they wish to be kept private should be kept private. Like all classes, we hold the space to be like Las Vegas…what happens in the session stays in the session. Guaranteed this will be a lot of fun and potentially life-changing as well!
This 2-Hour Clinic Will Cover:
- Defining archetypes
- Examples of classic and new archetypes in film and television and literature
- How archetypes have both “light” and “shadow” elements; what that all means
- Discovering YOUR personal archetypes (the best part!)
- Group discussion of personal archetypes (volunteer sharing)
- How your personal archetypes are utilized in your life (the Archetypal Wheel)
- How knowing your personal archetypes will make you a better storyteller
- Ways you can implement knowledge of archetypes into your characters and stories
- Live Q&A!
Born and raised in the Midwest, Justin Ross is currently the Executive Vice President of Development and Production for Bohemia Group Originals (A DARK PLACE, MORE THAN RIVALS, Spike Lee’s SON OF THE SOUTH, Taylor Sheridan’s UNTRAINED). From the Midwest, Justin began his career as a spec screenwriter for director Maguy Cohen (12 YEARS A SLAVE, GHOST PROTOCOL). He moved on to work as Creative Executive for Intrinsic Value Films (TESLA, 7 SPLINTERS IN TIME, THE TRUTH ABOUT LIES) where he secured relationships with top talent, including Scott Free Productions and the estates of prolific authors Ray Bradbury and Philip K. Dick. Justin’s passion is connecting good people and great stories.
Cancellation Policy: You may cancel for a full refund up to 5 days prior to the start of the class. Cancellations requested after this period will be ineligible for refunds.
Please ensure you are familiar with our Code of Conduct.