Horror/comedy, Psychological horror, dark comedies, rom-coms, female-driven, mockumentary, revenge style like PROMISING YOUNG WOMAN. I also love magical realism ( in the vein of THE LEFTOVERS, LOST, DISPATCHES FROM ELSEWHERE), also anything that is an out-of-the-box idea like THE TRUMAN SHOW, PLEASANTVILLE, BACK TO THE FUTURE, ADAPTATION, BEING JOHN MALKOVICH, ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND anything a little off center. Some of my favorites are Martin Mcdonagh, Larry David, Damon Lindelof, Diablo Cody, Kay Cannon, Greta Gerwig. My taste is diverse, but something fun and unique.
Period pieces, political dramas, and material that is overly violent toward women.
Jessica Schwartz is Head of Development at Roundtable Entertainment where she focuses on developing both scripted and unscripted content across the company. She is Co-Executive Producer on the upcoming slasher horror film for Roundtable called ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD starring Jade Pettyjohn and JoJo Siwa Directed by Marcus Dunstan. She is also working on George Romero's final zombie movie TWILIGHT OF THE DEAD amongst many other projects at Roundtable. Jessica has worked in scripted & unscripted development at ITV, Team Whistle, Telepictures, Kingdom Reign, and Collins Avenue. Jessica was a Producer on Siwa's DANCE POP REVOLUTION on NBC Peacock & E!. She has been a Casting Producer on TV shows and development projects for Lifetime, Nickelodeon, NBC Peacock, Bravo, and ABC. Jessica has experience creating pitch decks, show concepts, and pitching to premium buyers. She has helped sell shows and get development deals to HBO, Lifetime, E!, Netflix, Amazon, Disney Plus, and Peacock. Jessica graduated from University of the Arts in Philly with her BFA in Directing, Playwriting, and Production. She directed, and developed new works at theater companies in NYC and Philly from 2011-2015 (Atlantic Theater Company, Roundabout, Azuka, InterAct, Plays and Players, Fringe Arts, Philly Young Playwrights, etc.) She then received her MFA in Film and Production at Full Sail University in 2016 where she was awarded the Advanced Achievement Recipient.
- Immediately after registering, you will receive an Order Confirmation email that serves as the receipt for your registration. In the Order Summary section of this email, you will find a link reading "CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS" that will take you to instructions on how to submit your contact info or written pitch via the Material Submission Form.
- Your material/contact submission is due as soon as you are ready, but no later than 9:00am PT the day of the session.
- You will receive this exec's written feedback on your pitch via email within 7 to 10 business days following the session unless otherwise notified.
- Need some general guidelines on pitching? Check out our Hitchhiker's Guide to Pitching!
- Looking for some more intensive guidance on your pitch? Upgrade to Pitch Fitness Club!
You may cancel for a full refund up to 72 hrs. prior to the start of the session. Cancellations requested after this deadline will be ineligible for refunds.
If you have any questions at all about this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org!