We would love to find a music driven feature (not a traditional musical though) more in the lines of THE RED SHOES or LA LA LAND.
We don't gravitate toward hard horror / gore or broad comedy.
Janet Jeffries is a Development and Production executive working in both features and television for Lawrence Bender Productions / Bender Brown TV Productions.
LBP is an independent feature film company in Los Angeles, working with several independent financiers and sales companies. Recent films include the animated short film COPS AND ROBBERS, live action short film TWO DISTANT STRANGERS, both streaming on Netflix the Netflix original feature THE HARDER THEY FALL directed by Jeymes Samuel. Lawrence Bender’s credits also include the films GRETA, HACKSAW RIDGE, GOOD WILL HUNTING, AN INCONVENIENT TRUTH, PULP FICTION and INGLORIOUS BASTERDS. We are currently developing and packaging films written by an academy award winning writer, and action movie with Jason Statham and a ROMANCING THE STONE type of movie written by the author of the book, CRAZY RICH ASIANS.
Bender/Brown is the company’s television arm. Credits include the Netflix limited series SEVEN SECONDS, Starz limited series FLESH AND BONE, and the current CW series ROSWELL, NEW MEXICO. We currently have projects in development with FX, EPIX, Peacock, Telemundo and Starz.
For the past nine years, Janet has also had the pleasure of being an adjunct professor for the MFA in Screenwriting program at National University. She also is an executive mentor working with Roadmap Writers.
While Roadmap connects writers with many fine execs, Janet is far and away my favorite. Her feedback is always the right mix of supportive yet revision-oriented; I always come away with incredibly valuable insights and new ways of seeing my writing. Her professional yet friendly personality is also top-notch.
~ Anonymous Screenwriter
Janet can always get right to the essence of what is needed to enhance a story. She has a gift with character and makes comments specific enough that the writer has a clear path for revisions. She has great energy and enthusiasm. Always a pleasure to work with Janet!
~ Cheryl Mott Smith, Screenwriter
I got so much out of my work with Janet. In short, I came into the class with a completed first draft, and I came out of it with so much more! She clearly understood the story I wanted to tell, and more importantly, she helped me understand how to tell it better. As a working parent, I deeply appreciated how Janet knew how to help me set appropriate goals for each week; she helped me make significant progress without burning me out. She is a very skillful mentor. If this workshop started tomorrow, I would literally register for it again right now.
~ Brendon Bates, Screenwriter
- Immediately after registering, you will receive an Order Confirmation email that serves as the receipt for your registration.
- In the Order Summary section of this email you will find a link reading "CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS" that will take you to instructions on how to submit your script via the Material Submission Form.
- Your material submission is due as soon as you are ready, but no later than 9:00am PT on the day of the session.
- During the session, the exec will read as many of your opening pages as they can get through in 10 minutes.
- You will receive this exec's written feedback on your pages via email within 10 business days following the session unless otherwise notified.