Action (all budget ranges). Optimistic Sci-Fi, Elevated Horror (comedy, weird)
That said, I'll read anything by anyone (LGBTQIA+ and BIPOC encouraged!) with a singular voice, especially folks with some established credits. Excellent IP that wants developing is also *chef's kiss*. I'd love my roster to reflect my typical wider social group, which mostly consists of queer punks, metalhead stoners, professional freaks, and lapsed lawyers.
Beyond that, I gravitate towards weird and funny, but also love straight drama and wild action. Horror also interests me, but elevated in a way, or funny. I generally love hangout films, genre-bending, coming-of-age, stripped-down narratives, revenge films, insane stuff, and speculative future projects.
No faith-based or holiday-oriented materials, please.
An aspiring producer, freelance Casting Director, and current Lit Manager with Citizen Skull, Jacob Hayman is the host of the ‘First and Third Wednesdays’ networking event at The Red Lion Tavern, and was a former participant in the 2020 CSA BIPOC Mentorship Program and 2021 HRTS Mentorship Program, under Artios Award-winner Stephanie Holbrook and Additive Management’s Adden Laughlin, respectively. Prior to then, he served as a feature Casting Assistant to Jan Glaser (The Munsters), commercial Casting Coordinator for Clio-winner Terry Berland (‘Invader Zim’), unscripted Casting Associate Producer to Artios Award-nominee Katy Wallin (‘Wipeout’), and Executive Assistant to Michael Greenwald at Endorse Management Group, after spending a fair amount of time as a bartender, projectionist, and server.
Features he has cast have won ‘Best Drama’ and ‘New Visions’ at Cinequest 2021 (Trust), and Best Actress at the 2023 DTLA Film Festival (This Is Your Song), while Wine Club was nominated for Best Comedy and 2x Best Actor (for Taylor Ortega and Daniel Van Kirk) at Kevin Smith’s 2023 Smodcastle Film Festival. He was also the Production Coordinator on Katie’s Mom, which won Best Comedy at Dances With Films 2023, while his short film producing debut, Fudgie Freddie, screened at Beyond Fest 2023 and was nominated for Best Midnight Short and Best Actor at FilmQuest 2023. In his spare time he reads scripts and does research assignments for Oscar-winner Fred Roos (Godfather Part II) and prioritizes tiki bars, fire pits, and movie nights with dear friends (you’re probably welcome to join, too).
- Immediately after registering, you will receive an Order Confirmation email that serves as the receipt for your registration. In the Order Summary section of this email, you will find a link reading "CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS" that will take you to instructions on how to submit your contact info or written pitch via the Material Submission Form.
- Your material/contact submission is due as soon as you are ready, but no later than 9:00am PT the day of the session.
- You will receive this exec's written feedback on your pitch via email within 7 to 10 business days following the session unless otherwise notified.
- Need some general guidelines on pitching? Check out our Hitchhiker's Guide to Pitching!
- Looking for some more intensive guidance on your pitch? Upgrade to Pitch Fitness Club!
You may cancel for a full refund up to 72 hrs. prior to the start of the session. Cancellations requested after this deadline will be ineligible for refunds.
If you have any questions at all about this program, email firstname.lastname@example.org!