- Choose from dozens of execs to pitch your project to. You can choose to pitch via a private 8-minute Skype session or submit a 1-2 page written pitch.
Live Logline Workshop w/ Roadmap's COO (and Logline Whisperer) Dorian Connelley
Tuesday 2/5 @ 6:30pm - 7:30pm PT
- Having trouble with your logline? Want a formula for how to compose an effective logline? Members can workshop together with Dorian to create a standout logline! Please email the logline you want to work on in the workshop to email@example.com!
Pitch Prep Webinar w/ Chris Deckard - Manager, Fictional Entity
Wednesday 2/6 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm PT
- Manager Chris Deckard will host a Pitch Prep Webinar covering the most important elements every pitch should have. Ask Chris questions as well to help you overcome any obstacles you are facing with your pitch.
Elevator Pitch Roundtable w/ 3 Executives
Sunday 2/10 @ 11:00am - 1:00pm PT
- Have a 5-Minute Elevator Pitch to 3 execs in an online roundtable setting. Previous elevator pitch sessions included execs from Dark Trick Films (Ryan Reynold's production company), Fictional Entity, Original Film, Rumble Films and Lawrence Bender Productions.
PLUS the below sessions - included each month with ALL Steps in the Career Writer Program:
Peer-to-Peer: Mondays @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm PT
- You’ll join other members on video conferencing software ZOOM to practice your screenwriting pitches. There will not be a moderator or an exec present — this is just for extra practice with your screenwriting network! You may also choose to use this session for a Logline Clinic if you need help writing loglines, tonal comps and much more.
- These 90-minute sessions are taught by working screenwriters and industry executives. A comprehensive range of writing and marketing topics is covered by each professional. A live Q&A follows every presentation to address your specific concerns.
- Roadmap's Creative Director Brandon Combs gives you a behind-the-scenes look at pitch sessions, interacting with executives, the life of an aspiring screenwriter, tips on staying sane, avoiding writer’s block, networking techniques, getting your work out there and more!
- Roadmap's CEO Joey Tuccio discusses some of the immediate reasons an executive might pass on your work...and you might not even know you're doing one of these things! Remember, most execs won't read past page 5 if they aren't hooked from the start. Joey will give several volunteer writers specific feedback on their opening 3 pages. The pages will be shared on screen with the rest of the group so everybody can learn from the feedback.