Focusing on features: ripped-from-the-headlines, Biopics, Thriller, Action, grounded Sci-Fi. Open to all on the TV front.
A graduate of the University of Maryland and the University of Florida with a master’s degree in journalism, Dan Seco is currently a literary manager and partner at Empirical Evidence where he represents both writers and directors for film and television. Previously, Dan served as a literary manager at Schemers Entertainment (STRANGER THINGS; THE GREATEST SHOWMAN) and was a motion picture literary coordinator at Writ Large (SHIMMER LAKE) and an assistant for a motion picture literary agent at CAA. Prior to moving to Los Angeles, Seco worked as a sports journalist covering MLB, US Soccer, and the NBA, as well as a special education teacher in New Orleans.
Grateful for our Skype time. I felt I communicated the heart of the script, and more so, Daniel was attentive and receptive, so there was a flow space between us. Even if nothing comes of it, it was an empowering experience in its own right.
~ Richard Winzeler, Screenwriter
Dan is awesome. I like to go to Dan after I have made a few rewrites and get an honest opinion. I think Dan has really good insight into whether the story's world is as "big" as it should be, if the potential is there to make it bigger and honestly whether or not it is viable as entertainment. He asks great questions and points out areas that are not fulfilled in the story. Definite recommend from me.
~ John Darbonne, Screenwriter
Dan is so generous and overwhelmingly supportive, while still being very honest and constructive with his feedback. It's a rare combination. I highly recommend!
~ Karen Mueller Bryson, Screenwriter
Daniel was prompt, considerate, and gave genuine, thoughtful feedback very quickly after our session. I could not have had a better experience! Thanks for this and everything you guys do at Roadmap!
~ Andrew Adair, Screenwriter
- Immediately after registering, you will receive an Order Confirmation email that serves as the receipt for your registration.
- In the Order Summary section of this email you will find a link reading "CLICK HERE FOR INSTRUCTIONS" that will take you to instructions on how to submit your script via the Material Submission Form.
- Your material submission is due as soon as you are ready, but no later than 9:00am PT on the day of the session.
- During the session, the exec will read as many of your opening pages as they can get through in 10 minutes.
- You will receive this exec's written feedback on your pages via email within 8 business days following the session unless otherwise notified.