SCHEDULE: WATER BOTTLE TOUR
Week #1 - Meeting 2 Executives
9:30am - 10:00am - Orientation with Roadmap's CEO, Joey Tuccio
- Get ready for the Advanced Water Bottle Tour! Joey will run down all the programs and give final pointers before you are thrown into the whirlwind of the Advanced Water Bottle Tour!
10:00am - 11:30am - Elevator Pitch Roundtable
- One of the most important types of pitching is the elevator pitch. You often might only have 3 minutes to pitch to an executive. But how can you convey all the elements of your script in less than 3 minutes? What should you include and what can be excluded? This Elevator Pitch Roundtable will drill your elevator pitches so you can feel confident about those shorter pitches!
11:30am - 1:00pm - Virtual Meetup
- Following an intro from the exec, each writer will have 5 minutes to give an overview of their projects and brand. Following each 5 minute elevator general meeting, the rest of the time will be used for a Q&A with the exec so you can ask them any industry-related question you have. Your exec will have your loglines and bios beforehand too so they will already be familiar with you all before.
Week #2 - Meeting 2 Executives
10:00am - 11:00am - Virtual Meetup
- See Description in Week #1
11:00am - 1:00pm - 30 Minute General Meetings with Genre-Specific Exec
- Each writer will take the skills they learned so far and apply them to a full private 30 Minute Mock General Meeting with an executive specifically interested in their genre. Can you own the room? Each writer will receive written feedback from that executive on that general meeting.
Week #3 - Meeting 1 Executive
10:00am - 12:00pm - Learn How Executives Analyze Scripts with Interactive Coverage Assignment
- Prior to the session, all writers will turn in Coverage on a script pre-selected by the Exec.
- During the session, the Exec will critique each writer's Coverage and highlight differences between Writers' Coverage and the Exec's own Coverage of the same script. Exec will discuss the basics of writing Coverage and what elements should be assessed and how to do so.
Week #4 - Meeting 1 Executive
10:00am - 12:00pm - 30 Minute General Meetings with Genre-Specific Exec
- See Description in Week #2
PLUS the below sessions - included each month with ALL Steps in the Career Writer Program:
Peer-to-Peer: Mondays @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm PT
- You’ll join other members on video conferencing software ZOOM to practice your screenwriting pitches. There will not be a moderator or an exec present — this is just for extra practice with your screenwriting network! You may also choose to use this session for a Logline Clinic if you need help writing loglines, tonal comps and much more.
- These 90-minute sessions are taught by working screenwriters and industry executives. A comprehensive range of writing and marketing topics is covered by each professional. A live Q&A follows every presentation to address your specific concerns.
- Roadmap's Creative Director Brandon Combs gives you a behind-the-scenes look at pitch sessions, interacting with executives, the life of an aspiring screenwriter, tips on staying sane, avoiding writer’s block, networking techniques, getting your work out there and more!
- Roadmap's CEO Joey Tuccio discusses some of the immediate reasons an executive might pass on your work...and you might not even know you're doing one of these things! Remember, most execs won't read past page 5 if they aren't hooked from the start. Joey will give several volunteer writers specific feedback on their opening 3 pages. The pages will be shared on screen with the rest of the group so everybody can learn from the feedback.