SCHEDULE: PITCH PREP PROGRAM
2-Week Written Pitch Clinic w/ Dorian Connelley, Roadmap's COO
Sun 4/7 & Sun 4/14 @ 6:00pm - 9:00pm PT
- Learn the basics of pitching and compose your watertight 2-pg. written pitch, including loglines, tonal comps, characters, synopses, & more!
- This is one of our most popular Clinics with consistent results!
- Following this Clinic, you will also have a private Written Pitch Consult w/ Roadmap's Director of Education Alexandra Davies to get a fresh pair of eyes on your brand new written pitch!
Pitch Prep Webinar w/ Chris Deckard, Manager @ Fictional Entity
Weds 4/3 @ 6:30pm - 8:00pm PT
- Learn the general structure of a pitch
- Hone in on the basic goals of pitching
- Get tips on holding an exec's attention during your pitch
- And you'll hear an example verbal pitch to get you off on the right foot!
Verbal Pitch Prep Session w/ Brandon Combs, Roadmap's Creative Director
Tues 4/16 @ 6:00pm - 7:30pm PT
- Learn the art of delivering your verbal pitch.
- How to pitch conversationally (without reading!)
- How to efficiently incorporate all of the necessary elements of a pitch (tone, characters, plot).
- How to make your pitch relatable and universal.
- Deliver your verbal pitch to Brandon for practice and notes.
2-Week Branding Clinic w/ Briana Hansen, Roadmap's Director of Writer Outreach
Sun 4/21 & Sun 4/28 @ 2:00pm - 3:30pm PT
- Hone in on what you, as a writer, deliver.
- Learn to see beyond genre and better understand how your own perspective seeps into every script you write and capitalize on that.
- Create an exciting and quickly digestible personal logline to better pitch yourself – and your scripts – to executives.
2x Pitch Roundtables w/ Industry Executives
Tues 4/23 & Thurs 4/27 @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm PT
- You'll take turns delivering your verbal pitch in a Roundtable setting and receive feedback from the exec on strengths and areas of improvement specific to your verbal pitch.
- Learn from notes on your own pitch and from notes given to your peers!
PLUS the below sessions - included each month with ALL Steps in the Career Writer Program:
Peer-to-Peer: Mondays @ 6:00pm - 8:00pm PT
- You’ll join other members on video conferencing software ZOOM to practice your screenwriting pitches. There will not be a moderator or an exec present — this is just for extra practice with your screenwriting network! You may also choose to use this session for a Logline Clinic if you need help writing loglines, tonal comps and much more.
- These 90-minute sessions are taught by working screenwriters and industry executives. A comprehensive range of writing and marketing topics is covered by each professional. A live Q&A follows every presentation to address your specific concerns.
- Roadmap's Creative Director Brandon Combs gives you a behind-the-scenes look at pitch sessions, interacting with executives, the life of an aspiring screenwriter, tips on staying sane, avoiding writer’s block, networking techniques, getting your work out there and more!
- Roadmap's CEO Joey Tuccio discusses some of the immediate reasons an executive might pass on your work...and you might not even know you're doing one of these things! Remember, most execs won't read past page 5 if they aren't hooked from the start. Joey will give several volunteer writers specific feedback on their opening 3 pages. The pages will be shared on screen with the rest of the group so everybody can learn from the feedback.